Word Count

Monday, July 02, 2007

What I Always Talk About

18 days until Harry Potter 7 is in stores. 18 days. I remember when it was 18 weeks and I didn't think July would ever get here.

I'm currently engrossed in book 5, in my bid to re-read the series again before the movie & book hit the theaters/stores. (A faculty member, upon realizing I wasn't just reading book 5 but all of them, blinked and said, "Okay. If that's how you want to spend your summer." I didn't take her to heart. Her idea of a great book involved a tortoise and a baby rhino, both victims of the tsunami in India. Whatever. I mean, it really doesn't compare to the life and death tension I'm facing with Harry and the gang.)

Last night I watched (after a day of "napping" so much I actually got a headache) Pride & Prejudice and Sense & Sensibility. I can't decide which one I like better. It used to be S&S, no contest, but the more I watch the new P&P, the more it grows on me. (I'm sorry, Colin. You'll always be Mr. Darcy to me.)

As usual with my Sundays, I read all day and didn't write anything on my WIP or my other WIP...or well, I didn't write some notes about a blog, but not for this blog.

And POTC3 was still listed in the top 10 movies. Hurrah. It was #8. :) I love you, Jack!

So what Sunday things did you do? The same as you always do? Anything new? Watch any favorite movies?

15 comments:

Terri Osburn said...

I drove. All day. Well, from noon until 9pm. That was after driving all day Friday, running around all day Saturday and not sleeping much for two nights.

Damn, I'm tired. But it's good to know that you slept enough for the both of us....

Sin said...

I didn't do a damned thing this weekend. I actually can't remember what I did to tell you the truth. I think I'm going to be on autopilot for a few weeks. Then maybe I'll catch up and get some stuff done :)

Had a great time Saturday afternoon, Hellion. I hope the ice cream was delish.

Hellie Sinclair said...

We loved having you, Sin! Even if you felt sorry for my intestines.

I should have left after movie 2. I stayed for movie 3, and Holly got twitchy with her rubber ball and kept bouncing it like a paddle ball. Then if that didn't express her displeasure, she'd screech, "Aren't they done singing yet?" and thrash on the couch. I told her to quit; she told me I was rocking my chair too loudly.

I nearly caved about 10 minutes from the end. "I'm going." And Susan was all, "You can't go." Watch me. And as soon as the credits rolled, I was gone.

It was Dreamgirls...which was a riveting movie, though the lyrics were nothing spectacular. And it was rather depressing, really.

So really, you left at the optimal time. Leaving after we sugar crashed wasn't pretty.

Terri Osburn said...

Ahem...is this something we have to look forward to happening over here? You coming off a sugar high? Because that doesn't sound pretty...LOL!

Sin said...

Movie 1 was enough for me. I was still tired from my past couple of weeks and was struggling to stay awake. The movie was great. The company was even better but I was just too tired to be out and about. Hell, even today I'm still napping at my desk. LOL

I wish I was going to VA. Y'all are gonna have so much fun. I'm gonna have to sell myself on 9th and Cherry to get the money to even make it half way there. LOL

Hellie Sinclair said...

Is anyone going to play with a rubber ball and keep tapping it in a fucking annoying fashion for two hours?

If not, I think we'll be okay.

*pouts that Sin can't go*

Sin said...

I'm pouting too. But are you saying my selling skills are seriously lacking? You know something about 9th and Cherry that I should know? lol

Terri Osburn said...

No ball bouncing over here. At least not of the rubber variety.

Seriously, couldn't we start a fund or something? We could call it the Savings for Sin fund...

Hellie Sinclair said...

I am not doubting your skills of which are legion, Sin. I just know this town's occupants are notoriously cheap--and won't pay for anything they think they can get free...from a local sorority girl.

The men in this town blow.

*snortal at Terri's comment of ball bouncing* No doubt.

And Saving for Sin sounds like a Catholic thing...

Sin said...

Darn. I'm not catholic. But Matt is. Surely that counts for something.

I don't even have the time to come out anymore. I'm in the hole. I think if I leave my job again I shall come back to no job. :( Which I guess would be alright if the men in this town weren't cheap bastards.

Happy Independence Day, y'all.

Hellie Sinclair said...

*back to pouting* Bastard Doctor Employer...

Sin said...

I want to quit. Will support me :( I'll be your baby's daddy.

LOL

Terri Osburn said...

Either I'm more tired than I thought or Sin's last post is written in code.

I know how you feel about that time off thing. I'm having to take time without pay while they are here and I'm in the hole already on sick time.

Stupid gall bladder....

Hellie Sinclair said...

Crap, woman, you didn't tell me that!!! Why didn't you say you didn't have the vacation time to spare?

Terri Osburn said...

I have some vacation time, just not enough for the entire time. I'm only taking like two days without pay. No biggie.

The plan is to bring Tiff to work with me on Wednesday. That should be interesting...LOL!