Word Count

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Harry Update

Harry lives! Or at least he does for the next 10 days.

I'm halfway through book 6 (this is probably my second or third reading of the book--and I find myself devouring the book just as rapidly as I did the first time)--and wonder what the hell I'm going to do to bide my time between now and July 21.

Thursday, I will be gone all day. A Harry Potter feast in a castle AND to see the movie.

Friday, gone all day. Probably going to see the movie again (with the friend who can't go to KC with us to the feast & movie); and I'm probably going to get my hair cut. I might even go to a Happy Hour.

Saturday will be card-making--and I've got new Pirate stamps, so be prepared everyone. All Hellion gifts you may receive in the future will probably have a pirate stamp somewhere on it.

Sunday, I will probably sleep...though I really need to write. I'm such a schmuck. I haven't written anything on Ben in weeks! (Though I did write a bit on Adam & Eve & Lizzie & Lucy.)

THEN it will be a WEEK of waiting until the book is released. I foolishly ordered my book through Amazon--super saving shipping--so I probably won't even get it until the 25th...and then I'll have a critique group meeting the Saturday of the 28th; and the week after I'm going to Virginia. Oh, well, there's always the plane rides. It IS the last book. I suppose I can "savor" it.

How many betting I'm going to cave on Saturday, July 21st, if it doesn't arrive by mail and drive to B&N and BUY a copy to read that day?

3 comments:

Terri Osburn said...

I'd put down any amount of money you'll have that book at midnight the day it is released. Or before if you can find a sales clerk to flash.

I bet I'd win too....

Anonymous said...

Five bucks you cave!

Di
who's already caved, requested the book, and found friends to wait in line with her...

Kasey said...

I don't know how you can wait. I thought Amazon was guarenteeing delivery on the 21st for the book though. You might want to check on that.

As for me, I have my copy reserved and I will be standing in line at my Barnes and Noble to pick it up at midnight. I even planning on going by myself because no one wants to indulge me this time. I don't mind, once I get my hands on it I won't be much for company anyways.