Word Count

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Random Email of the Day

I was actually working. (Imagine. I know, it was hard for me to picture it too.) In the midst of typing in some boring info, my email envelope icon popped up and I had to check. It was from a married couple I’m friends with.

Jeremy has a friend we think you might like. I don’t think you’ve ever met before. Would you be opposed to being set up? We could also schedule a get together some time and invite both of you to introduce you.

Let me know your thoughts.
Jennifer

P.S. Jeremy can tell you more about him.
After a moment of near panic, because the idea of dating sends me into fits of hyperventilation, I calmly responded with: Well, is he cute? Because these are the important questions you need to ask. This was the response.

His name is Tom. He's a good guy that I go out drinking with from time to time. You might have actually met him at the Super Bowl Party we threw 2 years ago. He's a nurse and came in scrubs I think. Anyways, he doesn't have any fetishes of killing pigs and then showing people the video. He's not a creep or anything so that's cool. He's in his lower 30s. His build is similar to mine. He's been active in several CEC shows, just not lately. I mentioned the other night that I had a friend I should hook him up with and he said "hey, I'm not seeing anyone hook me up." (There's no sexual connotation in that). A few years ago I asked him what he looked for in a girl and he said "Big boobs" so that made me think of you (wait, that sounds bad! LOL). He was semi-joking and semi-buzzed at the time too.

After hearing and seeing some of your past boyfriends, I realized he probably wouldn't be that bad of a hook-up. I mean heck, I'm not sure I could find guys like you've dated if I tried. He's got a good job (nurse at the university) and a good place (Broadway Apartments by wal-mart) and is a solid guy. He's into movies, sci-fi, and some books (not as much as you). He's about as much into sports as I am (a little bit but not as bad as he could be). He's also a semi-tech guy so that's good.

As for a double date, I don't think you/us need that. Hellion/You've been on blind dates before and can hold your own.

Jeremy.
I have to agree. He surely couldn’t pick any worse dates than I’ve already done. But of course, I’m fixated on the boobs comment. Actually I’m fixated by the fact that “big boobs” made me think of you comment. That’s really funny because they’re not. So I email:

First, let me just say how immensely flattered I am that I can fall into the category of "single girl with big boobs". Esp since you've seen them. *LOL*

The fact that he's not into killing pigs and showing videos of such kills does rocket him to the top of my list. That was going to my next question. Also behind, "Does he have any weird obsessions with the movie, Titanic?"--though I didn't want to come off as too picky.

Hmmm. He sounds good. Does he email? (And I like the whole "hold your own" comment. Makes me feel I go on my dates armed or something...rather funny really.)
And the response I get is:

Dude, I forgot all about seeing your boobs (well not all about, just in context of talking with him recently about a possible person to connect with him). I mean your breasts were spectacular. I mean heck, even Jenny has to agree with me there. Wait, what are we talking about? Or yeah, your boobs...no wait that's not it.

I don't have his email. Let me see if I can find it and I'll get back to you.

-Jeremy.

His wife immediately writes:

I am a little scared how this conversation has progressed. He’s a good guy Hellion and I don’t think he has any particular thoughts on Titanic one way or the other. If Jeremy gets his email maybe you can start your meeting there and then meet him when ready.

Jen

P.S. I don’t feel like working anymore today.
Well, who can blame her concern about this conversation? So I email back with:

Don't worry, Jen, I totally bring out this quality in emails. And really, it's my fault--I did start it. Don't feel you have to agree with his previous statement. But thank you, Jeremy, nonetheless. *LOL*
You should always thank those who compliment you, you know. Good manners.

Then she emails:

No, your boobs were great. I do agree with Jeremy. I was just laughing at how we went from ‘here’s a nice guy to set up Hellion with’ to ‘her boobs on Mardi Gras’.

These are the emails you remember…
Oh, good, I have great boobs. I’m very excited. This is a red-letter day.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on being boobalicious. Don't leave us hanging. We want details on this date...

Tiffany Clare said...

[does the happy dance with Ter]

This is great...and seriously don't leave us hanging...what next?

Hellie Sinclair said...

I don't think my boobs are all that spectacular either. I think he was just being nice. Or a guy. Bless him, because I was thinking just the other day of "Gosh, I should have shown the girls off more in college, in their prime..."

IF there is a date, I will go. This blog is about my spectacular boobs, not dating.

santasmbslt said...

Soooooo......any news on the boob, I mean, date front? Sounds like a keeper especially since he can nurse your computer back to health or set your new computer up so you can blog and email on weekends! Oh, and the fact that he doesn't slaughter animals for kicks is a good thing, too.

Élodie said...

Damn! I'm going to have to remember to check your blog more often...sooo....do tell, did you go on the date?

Love the line about the big boobs. Your comment on it made me think about my padded bra. *sigh* LOL!

You're a riot!

Élodie