Word Count

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

A Francelot Parody

Writing Muse! Writing Muse!
At boring work I heard your cry.
Writing Muse! Writing Muse!
Here I am, ready to shoot the sky.
I know in my heart the book I should write,
And I shall publish it with all my might.

A writer of the Vagabonds should be creative,
Succeed where a less ingenious gypsy would flunk.
Write a sentence without a single gerund,
Compose a sex scene to leave the readers stunned,
Pen a book that no reader would dare refund.
No matter the struggle, she ought to be unflaggable,
Impossible scenerios should be as natural as air.
But where in the world
Is there in the world
A writer so *extraordinaire*?

C'est moi! C'est moi, I'm forced to confess.
'Tis I, I meekly reply.
That mortal who
These wonders can do,
C'est moi, c'est moi, 'tis I.
I've never lost
In penned prose or wit;
I'm simply the best by far.
When characters are crossed
'Tis always the same:
One keystroke and au revoir!
C'est moi! C'est moi! I am so blessed!
An Amish Nora Roberts unbound.
And here I sit, with wit audacious,
Exeption'ly corny, steamin’ly salacious,
To serve at the Gypsy campfire round!

The soul of a writer should be quite outstanding,
Her heart and her mind as brave as Will Ferrell.
With a force and resolve
Round all ideas do revolve
She could easily work a Happy Ending in Hell.
To love and desire she ought to be demanding,
The ways of the flesh should offer every allure.
But where in the world
Is there in the world
A writer so sexually secure?
(C'est moi!)

C'est moi! C'est moi, I blush to disclose.
I'm far too noble to lie.
That writer in whom
These qualities bloom,
C'est moi, c'est moi, 'tis I.
I've never procrastinated
From the book I am writing;
I'm blessed with a one-tracked mind.
Had I published
Far before now,
I’d still be on tours with fan lines.
C'est moi! C'est moi! The angels have chose
To write their love scenes in prose,
And here I stand, as wicked as Sodom,
Incredibly boastful, with ego to spare,
The conceitedest writer I know!
C'est moi!

10 comments:

Sin said...

LMFAO. 'nuff said.

OMG. Hellion you kill me.

Hellie Sinclair said...

I try. :)

Sin said...

I know and you do a good job. lol

Hellie Sinclair said...

I might do an ode to chicken tenders next. *cheeky grin*

Sin said...

OMG. If you do, I'll print it up and frame it. LMAO

PS. And I'm really LMAO. Matty's looking at me like I've lost my mind. I told him he wouldn't get it.

Terri Osburn said...

These are the times I'm pretty happy I don't live in that crazy little brain of your's.

If I could I'd use that "I'm not worthy" bowing smilie here. So use your imagination.

*ROFL*

PS: I want an ode to THE BEST BAR EVER!!!

Hellie Sinclair said...

OH! An Ode to the Best Bar Ever!

You got it, your Highness!

Terri Osburn said...

*taps fingers in inpatience*

Well?

Erica Ridley said...

LOL

P.S.
You may wish to check the Manuscript Mavens blog today... ;-)

Erica Ridley said...

Oops, we have a new post up now. Just in case you went and didn't see what I was talking about, I'll do a spoiler: you won a prize--come collect!