Word Count

Friday, June 01, 2007

Vacation

May is always the time of year I contemplate vacation.

Mostly because I'm swamped under about 200 folders, of which I'd rather be doing ANYTHING else, than and about a 1000 questions daily of random shit and problems. Drama, drama, drama. Vacation begins to look mighty fine.

So I booked my plane ticket to go see Terri (and Tiff and Sin--but I'm flying to Terri's house--so she doesn't have to go in the parentheses) and will be gone for a week. Of course, being our plans are basically to everything as much as possible for as long as possible until we're completely broke--or dead, I imagine when I return from vacation, I will need a vacation to recover from it. Such are what vacations are all about though, I suppose. And when you're with friends, you don't notice you're tired as easily. Sorta like little kids who've been allowed to stay up for an overnight slumber party. Yeah, right, try getting them to go to bed at 8 pm. Good luck.

In the meantime till August, I'll still have folders. And reports. And reports of reports. And the 1000 daily dumbass questions...and drama. Tonight though, I'll be driving up to St. Louis to visit my friend Jackie, whom I also forget I'm tired when I spend time with her. (Forget, that is, until I find myself in the midst of a hypoglycemic rant and no idea why...and then I realize, maybe I should have let Jackie go to sleep hours ago. *LOL*)

Tomorrow, after my writing group, Jackie, Erica (Jackie's little sister--and rather my honorary little sister), and I will go see POTC3--because that's the good friend I am. *grins* It has nothing to do with the fact I only want to see that movie about a dozen more times or anything. No, no. It's friendship and loyalty only.

Where are you vacationing this year? Who will you most be glad to get away from at the office on your vacation and why? What is the first thing you're going to drink on your vacation?

4 comments:

Sin said...

For vacation I plan on not getting thrown in the pokey for you guys exposing yourselves to the pirates/men in uniform/or the occasional onlooker. I look forward to seeing you swoon on a ship and into a Capt Jack look alike's arms and Tiff makes some man into a blubbering tub of mush while she makes eyes at the guy behind him and Terri lining up the bar with six military men without shirts on and licking them as she does body shots. And I shall sit in the corner and try not to embarress myself with my shyness.

Terri Osburn said...

Body shots you say? Hmmmm....hadn't thought of that but now that you bring it up. And I'm with Sin on not wanting to go to jail for you yahoos. I'm all for flashing the girls if you get the urge but don't do it when the cops are around, k?

And, Sin, you so are not sitting in the corner. Unless what I suspect will happen happens and none of the men notice us for the gorgeous big breasted Amazon standing in front of us. Then we will ship you off to Siberia!

island girl said...

Can vacation...be about going home?

I was supposed to be in Hawai'i two weeks ago. But I'm still sitting here in the Midwest.

My husband really wanted the boys to play baseball. Their team has only won two games. Which isn't really important...but still...when we could have been gone...that losing streak makes me wish even more that we had left -- without playing the season out.

I'll be home for a long time. I'm actually looking forward to it. Hopefully, my Mom doesn't drive me NUTS!

Still given the choice of Hawai'i in one hand or Chicago. I'll take Hawai'i (who's gas is actually cheaper than Chicago's and my antognizing mother) over home.

First thing, I would drink? Definately: Aloha Brand, Guava Juice. It's what Hawai'i should taste like.

*pout* Terri, when can I come and visit you? Have fun Fran! I know that the both of you will be a magnet for men, adventures and laughter.

Terri Osburn said...

Now IG, you know you can come see me anytime you get the urge. You can even bring all those little darlings with you.

And I'd take Hawaii over just about anywhere. Except maybe Scotland. *g*