Word Count

Monday, June 11, 2007

8 Random Facts

Terri has finally (finally) started her own blog; and the first thing the wench does is assign the rest of us homework. That's just like her hard-working Capricorn ass. Delegate.

And to add to it, there are apparently RULES (but I'm going to say they are more like guidelines.) 1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves. 2.People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules. 3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. 4. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.

8 Hellion Relatively Obscure Facts

1.) I didn’t get my driver’s license until I was 22, which in our town puts me in the same classification as “senior citizen discounts”
2.) I had a pony named Dance when I was 12; she had dark liquid eyes and long white eyelashes, and when she trotted it looked like she was floating on the air.
3.) I can quote an absurd amount of the dialogue from both POTC movies. This probably stems that I watch those movies at least twice a month.
4.) I finished my first manuscript in April/May 2002. It was my “Lucy” story; and I got lots of polite “no, thank yous” from agents and editors when I tried to query it.
5.) My favorite thing to drink is regular Pepsi. It can almost always right a bad day; and having the first sip is so much like the first drag of a cigarette, it’s not even funny.
6.) My 11th grade English teacher was Ms. Yount, whom I happened to see over the weekend, and when she asked if I was writing and what, and I told her, she said (in front of my father, who was standing there patiently): “Frannie, you know I never read that trash. Don’t you read anything decent? How about Sue Monk Kidd? Have you read her?” I haven't but I do have one of her books on my bookshelf. Next to Pride & Prejudice, which I've also not read.
7.) I have a red stapler on my desk like Milton from Office Space. Of course, I’m rarely ever threatened to be moved from my premise because nobody else who works here wants to deal with the students either.
8.) I’m not actually Amish. I do live on a farm though; and I do still claim I didn’t even know what FM was until I was at least 9 or 10 and my big-city niece brought her naughty rock-and-roll music out to corrupt me.

And that's all. Tag the following: Sin, Terri, Holly, Susan, Ely...ah, hell, I can't think of 8 people. I'm tagging 5. I'd like to see anyone make me find another 3. Yeah, that's what I thought.

3 comments:

Terri Osburn said...

You can't re-tag me. I tagged you. Pay it forward, babe. And hello!?! You blog with six other women you doofus. Tag them!

BTW - I've read Sue Monk Kidd. Secret Life of Bees. It's very good. I think you'd like it. *g*

Hellie Sinclair said...

I can tag whoever I want: PIRATE.

I tried to read the Bees bit, but it didn't engage me.

Élodie said...

No way. Not letting her tag me. I've been tagged by Ely. Darnit. Now I have to get creative again...

Had to come by to see who started all this...LOL!

Élodie