Word Count

Monday, May 21, 2007

Bad Boys, Bad Boys, Whatcha Gonna Do...?

To say I was excited when Disney decided to do two more Pirates of the Caribbean would be the understatement of the decade. To add to my level of excitement--they made Norrington a badass! And we know how much I love my men with a lovely layer of BAD to them. And except for the bit where Jack gets swallowed at the end and it abruptly ENDS, the second one was just as good as the first.

And it truly is a tie for me as Norrington has some delicious lines in this film, like when he says to Elizabeth, "There was a time I would have done anything for you to look at me like that." And he laughs when she denies she feels nothing for Jack. Yes, we all laughed, Commodore, we all laughed.

In three more days the third installment will hit the theaters. I already have my tickets for the Sneak Peak on Thursday (8 pm). *does a little pirate dance*

And here's my favorite quotes, mostly from the bad-asses, in movie 2 for your enjoyment! What's your favorite part of the 2nd movie? What do you hope will happen in the 3rd?

Jack Sparrow: [With his back to Elizabeth, thinking that she is a man] Come to join my crew, son?
Elizabeth Swann: I'm here to find my true love.
Jack Sparrow: [Startled] Deeply flattered, boy, but my first and only love is the sea.
Elizabeth Swann: Meaning Will Turner, Jack.
Jack Sparrow: [Turning around] Elizabeth!
[to a crew member]
Jack Sparrow: Hide the rum.
* * *
Jack Sparrow: We are very much alike, you and I, I and you... us.
Elizabeth Swann: Oh. Except for a sense of honor and decency and a moral center. And personal hygiene.
Jack Sparrow: [Sniffs his armpit and looks back] Trifles.
* * *
Elizabeth Swann: Jack, the letters, give them back.
Jack Sparrow: No. Persuade me.
Elizabeth Swann: You do know Will taught me how to handle a sword.
Jack Sparrow: As I said, persuade me.
* * *
Norrington: [drunk and angry] So am I worthy to serve under Captain Jack Sparrow...
[he draws his pistol and points it at Jack, who is hiding behind a pole]
Norrington: ... or should I just kill you now?
Jack Sparrow: [tries and fails to hide behind his pole] You're hired!
Norrington: Sorry. Old habits and all that.
[smiles and prepares to pull the trigger]
* * *
Elizabeth Swann: There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing.
Jack Sparrow: I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by.
* * *
Jack Sparrow: Now where is that monkey? I want to shoot something!
* * *
Elizabeth Swann: [to Jack] Curiosity. You're going to want it. A chance to be admired, and gain the rewrds that follow. You won't be able to resist. You're going to want to know what it tastes like.
* * *
Elizabeth Swann: Why doesn't your compass work?
Jack Sparrow: ...My compass works fine.
* * *
Jack Sparrow: My tremendous intuitive sense of the female creature informs me that you are troubled.
* * *
Elizabeth Swann: [chains Jack to the pearl] It's after you, not the ship... It's not us. This is the only way, don't you see?
[leans in as if to kiss him, then pulls away]
Elizabeth Swann: I'm not sorry.
Jack Sparrow: [smiles] Pirate.
* * *
Jack Sparrow: [to Norrington] You look bloody awful. What are you doing here?
Norrington: You hired me. I can't help it if your standards are lax.
Jack Sparrow: You smell funny.
* * *
Jack Sparrow: [to Elizabeth] You know, these clothes do not flatter you at all. It should be a dress or nothing. I happen to have no dress in my cabin.

4 comments:

Sin said...

I loved this blog today. Put a wonderful grin on my face. I do love bad ass especially when he wears black. But a pirate will work too. :)

Hellie Sinclair said...

It's like 20 odd days until Ranger gallops into the rescue! Viva le Ranger!

Sin said...

We got our first professional book review for LMT today.

It wasn't pretty.

*bummed look*

Terri Osburn said...

What's LMT? Oh, is that 12?

I liked the parts of this movie when he was trapped on the island with the cannibals. I can't remember lines *she says "CRS" the say Jack says "Pirate") but I do remember liking that part.

LOL!