Word Count

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

New Obsession Tuesday

Yippee! The Young Riders Season 1 came in the mail last night.

This lovely show was on TV from 1989-1992. I went through a mourning period when it went off the air, being I was madly in love with The Kid (and frankly, Buck, Jimmy, and Cody.) Now granted, since nearly (dear God) 20 years have passed and my ability to suspend reality ("Are you kidding? How in the heck did they all just happen to end up there to rescue each other?") has dimmed since I've gotten so old; I find I'm not so old as not to enjoy watching them set fence posts shirtless, their tanned beautiful skin rippling under the Wyoming sun.

This was back in the days that Stephen Baldwin still looked hot; Josh Brolin was an unknown (but damn, what a cutie!); and Ty Miller was my future husband, though he didn't know it at the time.

It's still worth a watch if you get the opportunity. I realized my main attraction to The Kid (who'd I'd typically call The Beta) was because he had the best looking horse of the outfit. Obviously during my adolescence when horses mattered as much (if not more) than men.

If you don't mind your historical not very accurate (and hey if you watch any Hollywood historical, you do); your plots as holey as Swiss cheese; and your men young, ripped, and earnest--this is your TV series.

Anyone else used to watch this show? I could have been the only one.

9 comments:

Terri Osburn said...

I watched it. I pined. I loved horses and anything Western. We should start a patition to see if we can get this one added to Nick-at-Nite or something.

Marnee Bailey said...

I didn't get to watch this one, what with having only 3 stations where we lived in the boonies.

These guys look cute though.

Kelly Krysten said...

I never watched it ,but I certainly remember it from re-runs or maybe that was Lonesome Dove...lol. Josh Brolin is still so fine.

Hellie Sinclair said...

Marnee, I lived in the boondocks w/ three stations--and got this show. It was on CBS, I'm pretty sure. I forget what night it was though. Friday? Sunday? *shrugs*

I collected the Teen mags with those guys in it. I think I still have the pictures buried in one of my trunks, FRAMED, mind you. I framed a magazine photo and can't even develop vacation pictures.

Hellie Sinclair said...

Terri, I don't think I get Nick-at-Nite. Are we also going to start a petition for my house to add this to the cable package?

Hellie Sinclair said...

I totally agree, Kelly. *LOL* Of the cast list, he's the one who fared the best 20 years later. *LOL* Woohoo....

Terri Osburn said...

You don't get Nick-at-Nite but you have cable? It's just basic Nickelodeon. I'm sure you have it.

But if we need another petition, I'm on it.

Hellie Sinclair said...

We have Direct TV. We get TV Land, but I don't think we get Nickelodeon. (We get Disney but not the other?) I don't know. Doesn't matter. It's baseball season now--so it doesn't matter what's airing--I don't get to watch it.

Terri Osburn said...

Oh, I love baseball. Met any third basemen lately? LOL!