Word Count

Friday, September 04, 2009

A New Beginning

Here's the scoop, the premise if you will: Adam & Eve have been going to marriage counseling for about, oh, 6000 years. It hasn't been working. In fact, at the last session--after the Counselor emphasized "empathy" and "tolerance"--Eve blurted out she wanted a divorce and Adam said it was the most sensible thing she's ever suggested.

The Counselor--after some thought--agreed with one caveat: they must find new "soul mates" (you know, the soul mates they so clearly weren't for each other); they must do it in 40 days; and they must do in 21st century Las Vegas.

Good luck to those poor bastards.

Oh, did I mention Lucifer is being sent along with them to be their mentor?

Let the games begin.

6 comments:

Terri Osburn said...

That's always how you ask for a divorce. That's what I did, blurted it out. You push, that's what you'll get.

It worked out for me, and I'm enjoying seeing how it turns out for these two.

This book is SO awesome.

Janga said...

I've thought this was a brilliant idea since you first mentioned it.I can't wait to read the book.

Maureen said...

Post excerts! Post excurpts! Post parts of your book...!

I cannot spell.

Come on, let's get a real crowd yelling fer parts of the book!

Renee said...

Oh, I agree it's a brilliant story. I love all the tidbits dropped here and there. So when ya gonna start shopping it?

Hellie Sinclair said...

Terri, *blushes* Thank you! I'll try to keep it up to your exacting standards!

Janga, I can't wait for you to read it too...and I can't wait until I get to read The Long Way Home!!! (But I have a thing for country music singers...I just keep imagining a sort of Keith Urban...)

2nd: I will! I don't have any excerpts from the very beginning hanging around. I have some of the last 10,000 words...but I'm not sure if those should go up yet. I might string this along as "best excerpt from Chapter 1" and so forth...

Renee: I'll start shopping when I finish it. I learned my lesson about not finishing something before getting a bite to see more. *eek!* I'm only at the 30,000+ word mark right now, so I've got a ways to go, I'm afraid.

Thanks, guys, for all your support!!

Terri Osburn said...

Am I exacting? I think I'm just getting cantankerous in my old age. LOL!