Word Count

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Email Forwards Demystified

You’ve gotten this email, haven’t you? You probably have sent it to me. And yet every time I read it, I’m always slightly disturbed by it.

1. There are at least two people in this world that you would die for.

Easy: Jack Sparrow and…and…Shoot. I’ll come back to this one.

2. At least 15 people in this world love you in some way.

Awww, that’s nice. *starts counting on fingers* I can only think of 14, but whatever.

3. The only reason anyone would ever hate you is because they want to be just like you.

Unlikely, and since this should work in reverse, I don’t want to be damned bloody thing like Keith Schawo or Chris Roberts. I hope everyone is clear on that.

4. A smile from you can bring happiness to anyone, even if they don't like you.

I suppose this is reasonable. Smiles do make me feel better, even if they’re from the executioner.

5. Every night, SOMEONE thinks about you before they go to sleep.

This is the one that bothers me. Anyone else thinking about a guy on cell block 5, who as he goes to bed at night, thinks, “13 more months and I’ll get murder the little bitch.”?

6. You mean the world to someone.

Yes, apparently the guy on cell block 5.

7. You are special and unique.

Just like everyone else.

8. Someone that you don't even know exists loves you.

Again with the guy on cell block 5. (Just what did I do to him anyway?)

9. When you make the biggest mistake ever, something good comes from it.

Uh-huh.

10. When you think the world has turned its back on you take another look.

I do like to face the people I’m flipping off. Has more meaning.

11. Always remember the compliments you received. Forget about the rude remarks.

And it’s always this one that makes me laugh hysterically that I received the forward. Come on. It’s like you guys don’t know me at all.

5 comments:

Terri Osburn said...

It's settled. You are the most paranoid person I've ever known.

Hellie Sinclair said...

Duh.

Terri Osburn said...

Oh, and you'll find this funny. When I started in radio I voice-tracked (pre-recorded) a six hour show of adult contemp music (think Celine) weekday afternoons on our AM station. A local preacher who made frequent visits to the local prison felt the need to tell me one day I had several dedicated fans that listened everyday. Now that will make you shiver. LOL!

I even got fan mail from them!

irisheyes said...

OMG! I should know better than to start reading with liquids in my mouth. You are hilarious!

#7 reminds me of the line in Life Of Brian where Brian is talking to the masses and yells out - "You're all Individuals" and the crowd yells back - "Yes! We're all individuals!" Cracks me up everytime.

Hellie Sinclair said...

I love Life of Brian! Man, that's a good movie! *LOL* Only Monty Python could get away with doing that stuff!

Okay, Ter, that IS really creepy. *LOL* Poor you. Though I do enjoy answering my office phone and getting a person who says, "Hi, I'm trying to reach Fran." "You have her." *distinct pause* "Really? You sound...er...nice." "Thanks," in my Snape-dry voice. "OH! It IS you! I didn't recognize you at first."