Word Count

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Ode to Men

Men, thou art handsome savages,
With rakish grins to make me swoon;
Even the shyest of you are prone to ravages
And seductions under the light of the moon.

“Fancy a fuck?” or other such words,
Will command your attention like cannon fire blast.
If it weren’t so funny, it’d be for the birds—
Anything, I suppose, to get us to mount your mast.

Like dogs on collars, chained to a tree,
You forget and run to the end of the tether.
Hope springs eternal for a sex orgy spree,
Complete with whipped creams, cuffs, and a feather….

Oh, men, how I adore thee, thy simplistic motivation,
For why shouldn’t we screw instead of most anything?
Let’s then do as thy will—and call for a cessation,
And instead explore all the pleasures that sex can bring.

9 comments:

Terri Osburn said...

The best part of this post are the labels at the bottom. Just in case anyone goes looking for entries relating to dogs tethered to trees or orgies - they can find them. LOL!

Anonymous said...

LOL!

Love the tied to trees part. Sounds so true. Oh, and I love the tags too.

Hellie Sinclair said...

Yeah, I'm aware the tags are the best part of this poem. *LOL*

Hellie Sinclair said...

I dedicate my poem to Irish, of course.

Terri Osburn said...

And don't forget my parent's dog. Her name was Brandy. That poor thing. But she did get my mother back once. My mother was holding the chain and Brandy took off down the gravel driveway. Instead of letting go, my mother held on. Belly surfed all the way down the drive.

You'd have to see my mother to know why that is sooooooo funny but trust me, it was hysterical.

irisheyes said...

Thank you for the dedication Hellion! I'm flattered. Your talent never ceases to amaze.

I do have to second (or third) the fact that my favorite part of your post would have to be the labels.

Ter - the vision of anyone being dragged down a driveway, let alone someone's mother, is rather hilarious.

Just an FYI the DH agreed that he's pretty much like the dog on the chain. It didn't matter how many times he got sucker punched, hope springs eternal. He couldn't risk the fact that maybe this time I really did want pizza and a #$^% :)

Terri Osburn said...

I love that Irish couldn't even type the letter F. LOL! All symbols. And yet we know exactly what she meant.

We need to clone Irish's DH. Just sayin'...

Hellie Sinclair said...

*LOL* I'm pretty sure Irish's husband is pretty universal--even if he does sound perfectly adorable and I too think he should be cloned.

Pam's hubby offers to break out the wine EVERY time we make some jest about having a three way with him, though neither of us truly have that inclination. We simply do it to see if he'll bite.

He does. Every time. "There is wine in the fridge..." Every. Time. Bless his heart.

irisheyes said...

*LOL* What did I tell ya!

Men are very simple creatures. The DH says uncomplicated - I say simple!