Word Count

Monday, November 24, 2008

So It Begins...

What with Twilight come and...gone (well, it'll be gone in about 8 weeks or so, I imagine), I can now turn my attention back to that Harry Potter & the Half-Blood Prince will be out in about 8 months. 7.81 months to be exact. I have a little tracker. No idea how it works--math, you know--but the movie I was so excited and wanting to see on November 21 will actually be out July 17, 2009. Barring that WB doesn't flake out a second time and move it to Christmas 2009 to be complete prats.

I had a half-second's inkling of "waiting" to see Harry Potter 6 after the hub died down. Then I saw the second trailer. Or the actual trailer, really, the one that follows the kick-ass teaser which had me foaming at the mouth months ago. Oh, this looks good. These looks like things from the actual book! Could a miracle really have happened?

Anyway, I'm doing my Harry Potter dance, focused in on the release date with all the single-minded obsessiveness of a native-born Missouri deerhunter, counting down days until the next time he can deer hunt. Which by the way, is in December. I know, I didn't care to know that trivia either, but if I'm going to be burdened with that useless bit of info, it's only fair you should be too.

Anyway, here are the current stats for when Harry Potter will be in theaters. Obess with me. You know you want to.

Months: 7.81
Weeks: 33
Days: 234.33
Hours: 5,640
Minutes: 337,458
Seconds: 20,246,658.17

3 comments:

Terri Osburn said...

It would be really cool if those numbers actually moved. LOL! So this will be 6 and then when do we get the two part of 7?

irisheyes said...

Wow, that seems like way too much math for me! LOL

This will be the first Harry Potter I see on the big screen, in the theater, with real movie theater popcorn and crowds and everything! Although I have seen all the others on the DH's big screen (104", I believe) with surround sound.

Now that I have you to alert me I can plan a whole family outing around it!

Kasey said...

I can't wait to see GOF. I was so annoyed that they moved the opening date to July.

I saw Twilight too...what did you think of it?