Word Count

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Taglines and Costumes

At the Bandits, we were asked to pick three words that describe your "voice." I picked irreverent, droll, and chick-littish. Then I said, well, not typical chick-lit, more like "small-town, Southern chick-lit." Terri now thinks that should be my tagline; and Cassondra (at the Bandits) also thinks that is the way I should pitch my work to agents/editors. What do you all think? And those of you who've read my stuff--do you think small-town, Southern chick-lit works?

And I think I'm going to be Maid Marian (dressed as a sassy Robin Hood outfit with bows and arrows) for Halloween. I have the costume picked out; lot less material than usual; and I get weapons. Now if I can just find the right shoes!

4 comments:

Marnee Bailey said...

I think that is a perfect description of your writing. I have no idea what mine would be, I'll have to think on it.

A bow and arrow? Sounds perfect!

Terri Osburn said...

I suppose if Sin can have razor sharp bananas (and don't forget those poison shooting eyelashes) then you can have a bow and arrow. But then we don't have to work with you and get shot all day. LOL!

In that same stream of comments, someone else said using the word *chick-lit* was a terrible thing to do. So now I'm torn. But the small-town, southern part works perfectly. Maybe chick-littish?

Kelly Krysten said...

Gosh, I have no clue how to summarize my writing voice. Can you put light and dark? Because I definitely do both within the confines of my story. My third would have to be AMAZING.lol. J/K.
I like the sound of your voice. Can't wait to read your work someday!

Hellie Sinclair said...

I heard the same. I'm to use the word "women's fiction"

Aww, thank you, Kelly!!! Light and dark?? Hmmm. Angels come to mind, but not sure how to translate.

OH! I know: Fluffy Goth.